“Your first impression is your ONLY impression.” Petra Fisher, talking on your presence on LinkedIn.
Petra and I met a few years ago when I attended a great workshop of hers on LinkedIn. At the event I really got a feel of who Petra is, and she does not disappoint. Fun, sarcastic and just straight-forward about the things that matter the most: YOU and bringing out who you REALLY are in your LinkedIn profile. You could say we have this, being true to yourself, in common.
During the interview she even makes me more aware of how I’m not showing up in my profile! YUP the interviewer becomes the interviewee. I left it ALL of that in, including our funny false start. You see, it wouldn’t make sense to edit out what makes this truly authentic with a woman who embodies that to the very core of her essence. So, in honor of that I kept it REAL & true to us both. Enjoy.
In this interview you will find out,
- Petra’s journey in becoming a business owner while holding down a job.
- How work environment doesn’t align with her personality
- What she discovered by wearing jeans instead of a suit
- The one time she took a job but it wasn’t quite her thing.
- Using her strategy of following her heart (in her words, gut) in chosing how she wants to work (or IF she wants to that day), who she wants to work with, etc…
- That being herself instead of playing a role made her work feel like magic.
More about Petra:
Petra has been featured on local TV and podcasts around the globe https://petrafisher.com/featured-on/
She shares her tips freely through her blog (when she remembers) https://petrafisher.com/blogs
You can also connect with Petra,
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/linkedintipspetrafisher LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/petrafisher