In this video I walk you through what beliefs and belief systems are and how they contribute to our overall thinking. Some coaches call these limiting beliefs.
I use belief system because it is one thought process that affects many life situations. I talk about the top three, I see in my practice with clients:
1. Not good enough
2. I need more knowledge (before I can do that thing)
3. Imposter syndrome: who will believe me or listen to what I have to say
I give a fast-tracked way of working through a belief system that has it’s hold on you rather than you taking time to find the source of the established “limiting belief”. It’s about having awareness and shifting out of it, not over examining them.
These steps I share are:
- Connect to yourself – this may be through meditation, light housework (something that doesn’t require a lot of thought), or taking a walk. Whatever works for you to slow down and connect.
- Once you are in connection, ask yourself this question about your thoughts: Is this true about me? (Byron Katie’s practice).
- Then ask, What can I do to shift out of the way I am feeling? Don’t let this confuse you about not being with your feelings. This is a belief that makes you believe something that is not true.
Sometimes in life we get stuck on repetitive thoughts and these steps help you become aware of it, give it less power, and move you out of it in the present moment. Does this cure the situation for good? It will if you practice it. More and more you will have less of this belief system and that is when you know you’ve conquered it.
Remember it took 21 days to download the belief and who knows how long it has been there. This helps you move forward. NOW.
Let me know if this steps have helped you in the comments.